Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Few Thoughts...

Last night History was made. Our 44th President of the United States is Barack Obama. I want to say that even if you didn't vote for Obama please be proud of your country. It was not that long ago in American history where most Americans did not believe that African Americans should have the same rights as white people. Last night we elected an African American president. We have come a long way in the past 40 years and I am incredibly proud of America.
Times are changing and that is not going to stop. We are facing some major problems in America right now and it is going to take a strong leader to get us through these rough times. I want to ask no matter who you voted for, please pray for our president elect. I am praying that he will ask for God's guidance throughout his term (or terms), I pray that our country will be united, not because we all voted for him but because we are the United States and we need to be together as one (especially after the past eight years), and I pray for his safety.
I hope that Americans can unite and see the change in America as a sign of incredible progress.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

whoever is the new president has my support. Bush was never really "presidenty." I can live with these two.


Glad you're feeling better Steph!

Lauren said...

congrats! your graduation is now Facebook Official. :)