Wednesday, September 10, 2008

99 Days Before Reality HIts...

That's right ladies and gentlemen 99 days until I am a college graduate. That is as long as I keep waking up for my 8am class. I'm a little afraid of how I am going to be able to wake up everyday for a "real job" when I can barely make it to my 8am class. I think a lot of coffee will be in order as well as Tylenol PM to fall asleep earlier. The coffee plan has already been put in place but not the sleeping earlier thing. I figured I still have 99 more days to live like a college student where sleep is a not a necessity it's something that happens on those nights when you fall asleep during your "attempt" at reading for a class. Anyway, I will have some years to enjoy that phase of life where I get to sleep before I have kids and then I wont sleep until they are all done with college (maybe).
In my mad dash towards graduation I am in the process of finishing my last 27 credits of convo (25 now woo hoo). I attended the opening convocation today where all of the faculty has to be there in their robes and President Fisher basically gives his version of the state of the union. Anyway, I was looking forward to a long hour of trying not to fall asleep when who else but prof. McHottie walks through the door in his robes and funny looking hat and sits down in the row across from me. At that point I realized that convo just got a little more entertaining. I immediately texted my fourth floor ladies and told them of my first official sighting of the year. I got some perfect fourth floor responses:
Emily: "Omg I just peeped (peed) my pants, love it."
Val:"Oh Belmont wouldn't be same without you"
Leona: "Don't drool. It's a little awkward."
Danielle: "Haha that is awesome. Make out with him for me okay thanks."
And this might be my favorite:
Tara: "He's brining convo back."
So between the staring and the texts I was entertained for most of the hour.
Well, I am off to Biodiversity class. My prof is a "bug man" and always brings some in to every class. I sit very far away from his desk.

No comments: