Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Graduationa and Reflection

I'm not sure when it happened but I am an adult. I mean I've been realizing it but with my impending graduation I am really starting to get it. I've been walking around campus and people watching and listening to conversations and it is amazing to me that I am in a completely different place than most of the people on this campus. Yes I am still in school but my life doesn't revolve around school anymore. My friends aren't here anymore.
All of this realization really made me go back and think about the past four years here and the people I've met. My fourth wright girls literally changed my life. It might sound cheesey (in fact I know it does) but without them I don't think I would be the person I am today. We are all so different but somehow we can still all be as close as we are. I feel incredibly lucky to have had experiences with each of them one on one that has let me see who they really are. Who they are are amazing women who have hearts of gold (whether they want to admit it or not cough Emily cough cough). I was in the bookstore and this freshman girl was standing in front of me in line when her roomate walked in. They did their little greeting (there was squealing involved) and talked about their days and then hugged and said I will see you back in the room in probably ten minutes. Part of me misses those days. I wouldn't trade my experience on fourth floor wright for anything. However, I am also very excited about the new direction my life is headed. I am headed into the "real world" as everyone likes to put it and I am ready to take it head on. Well, at least I think I am. Who knows what life is actually going to throw at me. Whatever the next stage might hold I am excited and I know that those ladies who have been there for the stage I am leaving will be there with me for the next one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Congrats on your upcoming graduation, and I'll see you sooner rather than later. xoxox