Friday, July 27, 2007

I don't know if you all know about my dad's cousin Alan. He had Lou Geregs Disease and couldn't move, talk or breath on his own anymore. He asked to be taken off of his machines yesterday and he passed away. It was peaceful and after years of living with this and it taking a toll on his family he felt it was time. He left a message for my dad which was very bittersweet and only affirmed that he was a great man who thought of other people instead of himself. He only wanted to stay alive this long so that the doctors could do tests on him so that others who weren't as advanced in the disease could benefit from what they found. He was upbeat and so funny even when he couldn't speak. He wrote two books, one was for his daughter Kara. I didn't meet him until I moved to Nashville and I honestly didn't get to know him that well while I was there. But I do know that respect and admire him for all that he went through and did for other people. The funeral is tomorrow and I wish I could be there but I am in AZ for another two weeks. If you could please keep his family in your prayers. Ladonna is his wife and his two kids are Kara and Chad. I am sure this is probably a very conflicting time for them. On one hand they are mourning the death of the father and husband, but they are probably somewhat relieved that he doesn't have to live with that disease anymore.
Thanks everyone for keeping them in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

i'm sorry to hear of your dad's and your's loss. he sounds like an inspiration and i wish the best for his family. :)



see you soon, love